To get the development version of the magpie package, clone this repository and install the dependencies by running
npm install in the terminal.
- master - Current stable version.
- development - Development version. This is where new features or bug fixes are pushed. When the version is stable, the branch is merged into master.
(1) Source files
libcontains the Command Line interface as well as the scaffolding files for new magpie projects
src/contains the main source code
docs.mdEach component folder contains a docs.md which will be prepended to the reference for that section
styleguidist/contains the initialization code for the reference documentation
styleguidist.config.jscontains the configuration for the reference documentation
(2) Build the docs
Option 1: Build the reference documentation while developing
npm run docs command from the
magpie-base folder to start a process which watches for changes in the files in
src and makes a fully built version of the docs available on your local machine.
Option 2: Make changes to the files and then build the reference documentation
npm run docs:build from the
magpie-base folder. This command outputs the reference docs in the styleguide folder.
(3) Develop experiments with your local version of magpie-base
In order to install your local version of magpie-base in a magpie project without publishing it first...
npm linkin the folder
- Go to your project folder
npm link magpie-baseto install the version of magpie-base that you just ran
(4) Merge into master
- include a changelog information in the README
- merge to master
- update the version of magpie in
(5) Publish to npm
npm publish from the
magpie-base folder to publish the new version of magpie.
No build step is required before publishing.